Veteran Women Igniting the Spirit of Entrepreneurship (VWISE) is an entrepreneurial training progam for female veterans of all service eras and branches with a poassion for an interest in either starting a new small business or growing an existing one.
This unique training program was designed specifically by Syracuse University with the Office of Veterans Business Development, U.S. Small Business Adminstration, to encourage and support female veterans with an interest in exploring careers/opportunities in small business ownership. VWISE is committed to helping female veterans by providing them with the tools to become successful entrepreneurs; its goal is to intergrate their leadership, integrity, focus, and drive into a premier education training program taught by accomplished entrepreneurs and entrepreneurship educators from across the United States.
VWISE enables female veterans to find their passion and learn business-savvy skills in order to trun their ideas into businesses or their businesses into growth ventures while recognizing entrepreneurship as an important part of economic growth nationwide. The progrqam helps female veterans truly pursue their dreams and make them a reality!
VWISE is a three-phase program
- Phase 1: What's first? A 15-day online, self-study course focuses on the basic skills of entrepreneurship and the language of business.
- Phase 2: Ready, Set, Go! A three-day conference where participants are exposed to accomplished entreprneurs and entrepreneurship educators from across the United States. This segment includes two training tracks:: a growth track, tailored to those participants already in business and a startup track focused on potential, future entrepreneurs. Coursees include business planning, marketing, accoutning/finance, operations/production, human resources and work life balance. (The online segment is a prerequisite to conference training).
- Phase 3: Keep Moving...provides ongoing support and mentorship delivered online and through a robust, comprehensive network of mentors and partners.
Admission is on a rolling bases so early application is highly recommeded. Participants are responsible from a one-time $75 registration fee ane their transportation to and from the on-site conference. All hotel and conference fees are covered through the support of the Small Business Administration.
If you are a female veteran, active-dutry female transitioning within 24-months, spouse or female partner of a veteran who is running or growing a small business, or if your are interested in starting a new small business, then VWISE is your answer!
To apply visit Whitman.syr.edu/vwise. VWISE is coming to:
- Seattle Aug. 16-18, 2013 The Westin Bellevue Hotel
- Denver Nov. 14-16, 2013 The Westin Denver Downtown Hotel
Interested female veterans, active-duty females transitioning within 24-months, spouses or female partners of veterans who are running or growing a small business should apply immediately!