The primary mission of the U.S. Small Business Administration (SBA) Office of Business Development (BD) is to administer the section 8(a) program, which offers business development assistance to eligible small government contractors. Sections 7(j) and 8(a) of the Act are implemented by SBA regulations found at Title 13 of the Code of Federal Regulations (CFR), Section 124. These rules further define the purpose of the 7(j) management and technical assistance program and define eligible recipients as individuals or concerns eligible for assistance under sections 7(a)(11), 7(j)(10), or 8(a) of the Act. The regulations also further define the business development assistance available through the 8(a) program and rules governing 8(a) certification and eligibility, servicing and contracting. Annually, the 7(j) Program reaches thousands of eligible businesses located throughout the United States and its territories.
One of the SBA Administrator’s major strategic goals is to strengthen the Agency’s entrepreneurial education; counseling and training resources to support the needs of existing businesses by successfully focusing on core program resources and ensuring these resources are aligned with the needs of high-growth small businesses. Consistent with that direction, BD’s organizational strategic goal is to coordinate internal and external resources to maximize: 1) the availability of training services and products, and 2) the effectiveness with which training solutions are provided to meet business development needs.
All proposals (narratives and forms) must be submitted electronically via the government-wide financial assistance portal www.grants.gov. NO OTHER FORMS OF SUBMISSION WILL BE ACCEPTED. All required forms are provided in the grants.gov application package for this funding opportunity. Specific instructions for obtaining, completing, and submitting an application via grants.gov, including animated tutorials, may be found at http://www.grants.gov/applicants/app_help_reso.jsp. If you have questions regarding the Announcement please submit them electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Final Synopsis 7(j) Management and Technical Assistance Services
- Full Program Announcement
- Instructions and Guidelines
- Frequently Asked Questions
Related Forms & Documents
- SBA Form 1623: Certification Regarding Debarment, Suspension, and Other Responsibility Matters Primary Covered Transactions
- SBA Form 1711: Certification Regarding Lobbying
- Certification Regarding Drug-Free Workplace Requirements
- SBTPP Planned Milestone Accomplishments Worksheet
- Budget Detail Worksheet for Twelve Month Budget Period (Non-Construction Programs)
- Appendix A - Assurances and Certifications
Disclosure of Lobbying Activities Continuation Sheet