Dear Central Valley Entrepreneur:
We would like to invite you to apply for one of our featured entrepreneurial competitor positions at the 2012 Central Valley Stock Exchange (CVSE) and Small Business University are taking place on October 10th. This event is the Central Valley Business Incubator’s (CVBI) premier event of the year. Join us as we celebrate 20 years of small business development and economic growth throughout the Central Valley. Proceeds from the event will create and maintain programs that foster and cultivate economic development in our local communities through the Central Valley Business Incubator-SBDC.
CVBI-SBDC is a 501(c) (3) non-profit organization for entrepreneurs wishing to start or expand an enterprise. The Central Valley Stock Exchange is the foremost event for networking between successful business minded individuals of the central valley and the promising entrepreneurs of tomorrow! New this year, arrive early and participate in the Small Business University, a series of seminars and workshops designed to help you gain skills essential to creating and sustaining successful business ventures. CVSE is an incredible opportunity for successful business-minded individuals and it promises to be bigger and better than ever before!
This evening event features 20 local entrepreneurs competing to gain prospective investors by pitching their business in a 90-minute ‘trading’ period. With over 400 prominent business leaders in attendance, the pressure to gain attention and secure investments ramps up as the clock ticks down. The evening culminates with a wine dinner, catered by Trelios; where the winner of the stock exchange is announced and awarded a prize package consisting of relevant resources for an up and coming business.
The Central Valley Stock Exchange & Small Business University is where small businesses come to learn, and stay to play. Take advantage of this great opportunity to make the most of what the Valley has to offer for you and your small business.
Kirk Nagamine, CEO
Central Valley Business Incubator
• 5 Farm to Fork Companies
• 5 Tech Companies
• 10 Mainstream Companies
• Must be under 3 years old
• Farm to Fork & Mainstream companies must be generating revenue (but not exceed $5,000,000)
• Tech companies may be pre-revenue, But they must be ready to launch a product in 6 months (customer ready)
Featured Entrepreneurial Competitor Package - $150
• 4 x 8 display space
• Table/2 Chairs
• Dinner for 2
• Promotion and advertizing at event
• 4 Tickets to Small Business University
• Chance to win a great prize package
The Benefits of Competing – Learn, Network, Practice, Connect, Validate, Enjoy & Win!
The Competition – What’s the real prize?
By Competing in this year’s event, innovator and entrepreneurial teams will be able to:
• Learn the skills that you feel would benefit your business the most while attending the Small Business University
• Network with key stakeholders and over 400 of the valley’s leading business owners, civic leaders, professionals, entrepreneurs, innovators and investors
• Practice your Pitch as you promote your ideas and concepts to business professionals of the Central Valley
• Connect with investors, shareholders and potential clients
• Validate your idea/developing business as an investment worthy enterprise
• Enjoy fine wine, great food and a night of raucous entertainment – low risk with high returns!
• Win a Valuable Prize Package which includes relevant resources for a new business venture including a advertizing and marketing support and opportunities; radio and television media connections; design support; legal consultations plus so much more!
Central Valley Stock Exchange
Name of Competitor:
City: State: ZIP:
Contact Person: Title:
Phone Number: Email:
Category: Farm to Fork Technology Mainstream (please circle one)
Age: Current Revenue:
This application does not guarantee the competitor a place in the competition. Upon selection, this application will become a binding document upon payment in full of the competition fee and the signature of both Competitor and the Central Valley Business Incubator representative. This agreement guarantees fulfillment on the items listed on the competitor package description. The Competitor will provide what is needed to optimize such exposure, such as website link, company information and logo.
Signature of Competitor Title Date
Signature of CVBI Representative Title Date
Please return this completed form to:
Central Valley Business Incubator ♦ 1630 E. Shaw, Suite 163 ♦ Fresno ♦ CA ♦ 93710
For more information, please contact Alex Maciel at 559.292.9033 or firstname.lastname@example.org
CVBI is a resource for people who want to start & expand their business through access to capital; work & meeting spaces; access to professional networks and plan development. CVBI is an equal opportunity provider and employer. Auxiliary aids and services available upon request to individuals with disabilities. Reasonable accommodations for persons with disabilities will be made if requested at least two weeks in advance. CVBI is funded in part through the Fresno Regional Workforce Investment Board and a grant with U.S. Small Business Administration. SBA's funding is not an endorsement of any products, opinions or services. SBA funded programs are extended to the public on a non-discriminatory basis. Any opinions, findings, conclusions and recommendations expressed are those of the authors and do not necessarily reflect the view of the U.S. Small Business Administration (SBA).
If you would like to show your support in another way, then please feel free to contact me directly so we can discuss the many great ways for you to be involved!