Release Date: May 31, 2013 Contact: Michele Arends
Release Number: 3007 (605) 330-4243, ext. 11
SMALL BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION
SOUTH DAKOTA DISTRICT OFFICE ANNOUNCES
2013 SMALL BUSINESS WEEK WINNERS
Dwayne Klarenbeek Named Small Business Person of the Year
Sioux Falls – The South Dakota Small Business Administration District Office has named Dwayne Klarenbeek, Midwestern Mechanical, Inc., Sioux Falls, as the SBA South Dakota Small Business Person of the Year for 2013. Nominated by Lynne Keller Forbes, Dakota BUSINESS Finance, the award was presented in Sioux Falls at the SCORE/SBA Small Business Week Celebration on May 30, 2013. In addition to honoring the Small Business Person of the Year, SBA presented awards to:
- Daniel & Katrina Dressen, Senproco, Inc., Sioux Falls, Small Business Exporters of the Year.
- Melissa Johnson, Oh My Cupcakes!, Sioux Falls Woman-Owned Small Business of the Year.
- John & Scott Meyer, 9 Clouds & Lemon.ly, Sioux Falls, Young Entrepreneurs of the Year.
Those honored for their achievements on May 10th at the Black Hills Community Economic Development, Inc. annual meeting included:
- Murdock Electric, Inc., Pine Ridge, Minority-Owned Small Business of the Year.
- Mark & Stacey Mancuso, La Minestra, Inc., Pierre, Veteran-Owned Small Business of the Year.
Also recognized for its success on May 10th was the South Dakota Center for Enterprise Opportunity (SD CEO). The Center and its Director, Helen Nessan-Merriman, were awarded the 2013 Women’s Business Center of Excellence Award. SD CEO was also named the regional award winner and will represent Region Eight which consists of Colorado, Montana, North Dakota, South Dakota, Utah and Wyoming during National Small Business Week.
“All of these winners represent the best of South Dakota and we are proud to be recognizing their achievements,” said John L. Brown II, District Director of the South Dakota District Office.