SAN FRANCISCO-The San Francisco District Office of the U.S. Small Business Administration announced today it is actively seeking nominations for its 2014 Small Business Week Award:
- Northern California Small Business Person of the Year*
The Small Business Administration encourages nominations from fellow business owners, lenders, Chambers of Commerce, resource partners, and other members of the community who know who is deserving of these awards.
“As the economy continues to improve, there are many success stories in the Bay Area small business community,” says Mark Quinn, SBA’s San Francisco District Office District Director. “It is our privilege to honor those who demonstrate a record of business success that helps ensure Northern California’s small businesses continue to prosper.”
This year marks the 10th anniversary of San Francisco Small Business Week, and more than 50 years for National Small Business Week. San Francisco Small Business Week will take place from May 12th to 16th, 2014.
In addition to the Northern California Small Business Person of the Year, the following regional and national awards are also open to nomination:
- Phoenix Award for Small Business Disaster Recovery*
- Phoenix Award for Outstanding Contributions to Disaster Recovery*
- Federal Procurement Award- Small Business Prime Contractor of the Year Award*
- Federal Procurement Award- Small Business Subcontractor of the Year Award*
- Federal Procurement Award- Dwight D. Eisenhower Award for Excellence*
- 8(a) Graduate of the Year Award*
- Small Business Development Center Excellence and Innovation Award*
- Veterans Business Outreach Center Excellence in Service Award*
- Women’s Business Center of Excellence Award*
Will your nomination be our next winner? Nominations can also be sent directly to SBA San Francisco District Office, located at 455 Market Street, Suite 600, San Francisco, CA 94105. All nominations must be submitted online, postmarked or hand delivered to the SBA no later than 11:59 p.m. ET on January 17, 2014.
Those award nominations listed above with (*) may also apply online today: http://nationalsmallbusinessweek.sba.gov/.
Please call or email our local office for guidelines: Hannah Kelley-Bell, Economic Development Specialist, (415)744-8480 or email@example.com.