Kentucky District Office
About the Kentucky SBA District Office
The District Office is responsible for the delivery of SBA's programs and services throughout Kentucky.
Over the years, the SBA has developed many small business loan and assistance programs, special outreach efforts and initiatives to aid and inform small businesses. The following describes briefly all the services and information available through this office:
- Financial assistance for new or existing businesses through guaranteed loans made by area bank and non-bank lenders. The Kentucky District Office has seen a significant increase in SBA guaranteed loans this year to small businesses across the Commonwealth. Lenders can obtain more information about the SBA 7(a), 504 or Microloan Programs by contacting Phil Danhauer at 502.582.5971 Ext. 243 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. .
- To reach a Lender Relations Specialist, contact John McClure at 502.582.5971 Ext. 261 or by email at email@example.com.
- Assistance to businesses owned and controlled by socially and economically disadvantaged individuals through the Minority Business Development Program. You may contact Robert Coffey, the 8(a) Program Specialist, by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 502.582.5971 Ext. 266. There are also many Contract Opportunities for small businesses. You may contact Robert Coffey at the above email address or phone number to inquire about contract opportunities.
- A Women's Business Ownership Representative is available to advise women business owners. The Kentucky District Office also plans monthly mentoring roundtables for women entrepreneurs. Each month, an agenda is set around a particular topic, and a subject matter expert is invited to speak on that topic. For more information, please contact Jeri Grant at 502.582.5971 Ext. 224 or email@example.com. Jeri Grant is also the Business Development Specialist for the Eastern Kentucky Territory.
- If you are a Veteran, you can get business counseling and information about SBA guaranteed loans. For more information, contact Tommie Causey at 502.582.5971 Ext. 237 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Tommie Causey is also the Business Development Specialist for the Northern Kentucky Territory.
- For information about the SBA HUBZone program in Kentucky, contact Arch McAlister at 606.677.1713 or email@example.com. Arch McAlister is also the Business Development Specialist for the Southern Kentucky Territory.
- The Business Development Specialist for the Western Kentucky Territory is Michael Ashcraft. You may contact him at 502.582.5971 Ext. 225 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. He also serves the role of Public Information Officer (PIO) for the district.
- Special loan programs are available for businesses involved in International Trade. Additional information about exporting opportunities for small businesses can be obtained by contacting Robert Coffey by email at email@example.com or by calling 502.582.5971 Ext. 266.
- Free counseling, advice and information on how to start, better operate or expand a small business through the Small Business Development Center or SCORE, Counselors to America’s Small Business. You may contact the SBDC toll-free at 1.888.475.SBDC and SCORE at 502.582.5976. The SBDC and SCORE also offer many workshops and seminars for a nominal fee.