Do you want to start a business? Expand your existing business? Find all the resources in one location at this FREE conference for veteran entrepreneurs! Operation: Start Up & Grow is the premier veterans business conference in Upstate New York for our veterans and members of the military community who want to start or expand their own small business. The half-day event includes breakout workshops, networking sessions with exhibitors, awards ceremony and lunch.
All members of the military community are invited to register online for this free conference.
KEYNOTE ADDRESS from Veteran Entrepreneur Lee Buttolph
Buttolph Lumber Co., Inc. is a wholesale lumber company that sells to retail lumber yards within a 150 mile radius of Syracuse. Buttolph Lumber sells commodity lumber, plywood, OSB, insulation and Eastern white pine to all the small mom and pop retail lumber companies that dot every community. The company was started by John "Lute" Buttolph in 1967 and is a family owned business in its third generation. The current owner, Lee Buttolph purchased the business in 2010. Since then the lumber company has moved to a new location in Phoenix, NY and has doubled in size.
INTERVIEW with Veteran Entrepreneur JERRY Garritillo
A Brooklyn, NY native, Jerry Garritillo took a winding path to business ownership after retiring from his 20 year career in the Air Force, ultimately becoming an independent insurance agent specializing in Medicare coverage in New York State. After a rocky start, he discovered and completed the Entrepreneurship Boot Camp for Veteran’s with Disabilities in 2008, which gave him the tools needed to create The Garritillo Agency. Since achieving success in his business, Jerry is determined to help those who have served and devotes much of his time to helping other veterans.
|8:30-8:55||Registration, Continental Breakfast & Networking with Exhibitors|
|8:55-9:05||Opening Ceremonies-NY Air National Guard, 174 AW|
|9:15-9:45||Keynote Address from Lee Buttolph, USMC veteran, president of Buttolph Lumber|
|11:00-11:45||Networking Session with Exhibitors|
|12:30-1:00||Emcee Interview with Veteran Entrepreneur Jerry Garritillo, USAF veteran and The Garritillo Agency president|
2014 Operation Start Up & Grow Exhibitors
- Allgaier Law Firm
- AmeriCU Credit Union
- AXA Advisors
- Buttolph Lumber
- Clear Path for Veterans
- Easter Seals New York
- Employer Support of the Guard and Reserve (ESGR)
- Greater Syracuse Business Development Corporation (GSBDC)
- Griffiss Institute
- Hancock Field NY Air National Guard
- Institute for Veterans and Military Families, Syracuse University
- Keller Williams Realty Syracuse
- N.Y.S. SBDC Veteran Business Outreach Program
- New York Business Development Corporation (NYBDC)
- New York State Division of Veterans Affairs
- New York State Procurement-Office of General Services
- North Country Procurement Technical Assistance Center (PTAC)
- Onondaga Community College Business and Workforce Development
- Onondaga Community College Office of Veterans Affairs
- Onondaga County Office of Economic Development
- Onondaga Employee Leasing Services, Inc.
- PathStone Enterprise Center, Inc.
- SCSD Literacy Zone
- Small Business Development Center at Onondaga Community College
- Syracuse SCORE
- Syracuse Vet Center
- The Dinosaur 95.3/103.9 & New Country WOLF 105.1
- The Falcone Center for Entrepreneurship, Whitman School of Business
- The Tech Garden
- U.S. Small Business Administration
- University College of Syracuse University
- USDA Farm Service Agency
- USDA Rural Development
- Watertown Vet Center
- WISE Women's Business Center
Cosponsorship Agreement # 14-0248-06. SBA's participation in this cosponsored event is not an endorsement of views, opinions, products, or services of any cosponsor or other person or entity. All SBA programs or cosponsored programs are extended to the public on a non-discriminatory basis. Reasonable arrangements for persons with disabilities will be made if requested at least two weeks in advance. Contact: Tania Hanouille at 315-498-6070.