About Portland District Office
The district office is responsible for the delivery of the agency programs and services to 30 of the 36 counties in Oregon and Clark, Skamania, Cowlitz and Wahkiakum counties in Southwestern Washington. Oregon's six most eastern counties of Baker, Grant, Harney, Malheur, Union and Wallowa are served by the Boise District Office.
Over the years, the SBA has developed many small business loan and assistance programs, special outreach efforts and initiatives to aid and inform small businesses. The following describes briefly all the services and information available through this office:
- Financial assistance for new or existing businesses through guaranteed loans made by area bank and non-bank lenders. The Portland District Office assists hundreds of new and existing small businesses each year by providing financial assistance through the 7(a) guarantee and 504 loan programs. For more information, call (503) 326-2682 or visit SBA's main Financing Page. For information on Export Finance Programs, call Jeff Deiss, International Trade Finance Specialist, at (503) 326-5498 or email email@example.com.
- Free counseling, advice and information on starting, better operating or expanding a small business through (SCORE) Counselors and SBDCs to America’s Small Business.
- Assistance to businesses owned and controlled by socially and economically disadvantaged individuals through the Minority Enterprise Development Program.
- Women's Business Ownership Representatives are available to advise women business owners.
- Special loan programs are available for businesses involved in international trade.
- If you're a veteran, you can get business counseling and information about SBA guaranteed loans.
- Speakers to inform the small business community about our loan programs, services and resources are available. To arrange for a speaker for your group or association, email firstname.lastname@example.org.