- 1 of 2
About Wisconsin District Office
About Wisconsin District Office
District Director is Eric Ness (414) 297-1471
Deputy District Director is Frank Demarest, Jr. (414) 297-1099
Public Information Officer is Shirah Apple (414) 297-1096
The Wisconsin District Office is responsible for the delivery of SBA's many programs and services to the 72 counties of Wisconsin. Our offices are located in both Madison and Milwaukee.
The Wisconsin office assists several hundred businesses each year by providing financial assistance through the 7(a) and 504 loan programs. The Wisconsin SBA assisted 1,656 businesses in obtaining over $657 million in Loans, 501 loans went to start-up businesses for $154,513,300. In addition, we assisted with 119 Micro Loans in the amount of $2,800,511 for fiscal year 2013 that ended September 30, 2013.
Over the years, the SBA has developed many small business loan and assistance programs, special outreach efforts and initiatives to aid and inform small businesses. The following describes briefly all the services and information available through this office:
- Financial assistance for new or existing businesses through guaranteed loans made by area bank and non-bank lenders.
- Counseling, advice, and information on starting a business are available through SCORE: Counselors to America's Small Business.
- Consulting services through the network of Small Business Development Centers. SBDCs also conduct training events throughout the district - some require a nominal registration fee. Patty Pettey is the local SBDC liaison.
- Counseling through our Women Business Centers across the state. Women Business Ownership Representatives are available to advise women business owners, call Mary Trimmier at (414) 297-1093.
- Special loan programs are available for businesses involved in international trade/export, contact Mike Fazio at (414) 297-1097.
- Veterans, you can get business counseling and information about SBA guaranteed loans. In Wisconsin, contact Frank Demarest at (414) 297-1099. Frank can direct you to resource partners that best suit your business needs. SBA can also help veterans start or expand a business.
- Native American Representative is Bob Giesfeldt at (414) 297-1455.
- Government Contracting represenatives are Bob Giesfeldt at (414) 297-1455 or Cheryl Jordan at (414) 297-3951.
- District Counsel - Brad Trimble at (414) 297-4090 or Peg Hitt, Paralegal at (608) 441-5520.
- Lender Relationship Specialists are: Becky Freund (608) 441-5519, Mike Fazio (414) 297-1097 and Ellie Berg (414) 297-1488.
- Disaster Coordinator, please contact Patricia Pettey at (414) 297-1231.
- Small Business Development Center Coordinator for Wisconsin, contact Tammie Clendenning at (414) 297-4089.
- 912 questions or issues, please contact Betsy Jorgensen at (608) 441-5263.
- All Media - Contact Shirah Apple, PIO at 414-297-1096
- If you would like staff from Wisconsin SBA to speak at your business event or school, please contact (608) 441-5261 or (414) 297-1091 to arrange. Please give us at least 2 weeks notice.
- To schedule meeting with District Director Eric Ness, please contact Shirah Apple (414) 297-1096.
- To request a 2013 Wisconsin SBA Resource Guide be mailed to you, or for general questions, please email us at Wisconsin@sba.gov.
- All Wisconsin Employees