SBA and Yelp Present: Success With Online Reviews
The U.S. Small Business Administration and Yelp are partnering to provide America’s small businesses with the information they need to successfully engage with online reviewers and tips for monitoring their online reputation. This new partnership will include a series of free educational webinars and workshops around the country and instructional materials in an effort to help small businesses adjust to the new realities of online word-of-mouth and address the challenges and opportunities that come along with this change.
- Panel discussion in Miami, FL: May 2, 2014 | 8 am ET (light breakfast)
- Panel discussion in Orange County, California: April 9, 2014 | 9am PT (light breakfast)
- Panel discussion in Seattle, Washington: April 3, 2014 | 9am PT (light breakfast)
- Panel discussion in Kennesaw, Georgia: April 3, 2014 | 10am EST (light breakfast)
- Panel discussion and breakfast in Portland, Oregon: April 2, 2014 | 8:30am PT (light breakfast)
- Panel discussion in Piscataway, New Jersey: April 2, 2014 | 9:30am EST (light breakfast)
- New York Stock Exchange event wrap up blog post
- Yelp and SBA Ring the NYSE Closing Bell® (video)
- Yelp and the U.S. Small Business Administration to Ring the NYSE Closing Bell®
About the Success With Online Reviews Initiative:
We often hear from small business owners that they do not know where to begin when it comes to managing their online reputation. Through this partnership, SBA and Yelp will walk them through the simple steps they should take to join the conversations that are happening about them on online review sites. During the educational events, business owners will also have an opportunity to learn online marketing insights from a panel of local business owner experts and reviewers from Yelp's Elite squad.
In addition to best practices for getting started, SBA and Yelp will share advice for handling critical feedback, responding to reviews, ways to generate more buzz by creating exciting promotions and monitoring the customer leads.
Cosponsorship Authorization # 14-2100-11. SBA’s participation in this cosponsored activity is not an endorsement of the views, opinions, products or services of any cosponsor or other person or entity. All SBA programs and services are extended to the public on a nondiscriminatory basis.