On Thursday, SBA and the White House, in conjunction with the Delta Regional Authority and the Appalachian Regional Commission, will host the Oxford, Mississippi Rural Economic Forum, connecting entrepreneurs and business owners with resources, programs and services to start or a grow a business.
The Oxford Rural Economic Forum, the eighth of a multi-city series, will cover topics like the Small Business Investment Company program which helped put more than $400 million in investment capital directly into the hands of high growth rural businesses since last October. Other SBA programs and services like business mentoring, government contracting and access to capital will also be discussed.
Speakers and panelists for the Oxford Rural Economic Forum include:
- Marie Johns, Deputy Administrator, U.S. Small Business Administration
- Ari Matusiak, Director, White House Business Council, White House
- Chris Masingill, Federal Co-Chairman, Delta Regional Authority
- Earl Gohl, Federal Co-Chairman, Appalachian Regional Commission
- Bill Bynum, Director, Hope Enterprise Corporation
- J. R. Jones, Co-Founder, SanJo Security Services
- Vernon R. Kelley III, Executive Director, Three Rivers Planning and Development District
- Guy Lipscomb, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer, Southern Motion
- L. Ray Moncrief, Executive Vice President and COO, Kentucky Highlands Development Corporation
- Dr. Barbara Ousby, Co-Founder and Vice President, C&B Enterprises Incorporated
- John Brandon, Associate Program Manager, Mississippi Development Authority
- Thomas Darnell, President of Hines County, BancorpSouth