The U.S. Patent and Trademark Office (USPTO) announced that is extending the public comment period for its proposed rules implementing the first-inventor-to-file (FITF) provisions of the Leahy-Smith America Invents Act (AIA). The USPTO has received several requests for additional time to submit comments. Therefore, the USPTO is reopening the comment period to provide interested members of the public with an additional opportunity to submit comments to the USPTO.
Comments on the proposed rule and accompanying examination guidelines must now be submitted to USPTO by November 5th, 2012.
- First-Inventor-to-File Proposed Rules (77 Fed. Reg. 43742, July 26, 2012)
- First-Inventor-to-File Proposed Examination Guidelines (77 Fed. Reg. 43759, July 27, 2012)
- Submit comments via email at firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com
- Visit the AIA micro-site for other information related to USPTO’s AIA implementation activities
- Advocacy Contact: Jamie Saloom at 202/205-6890.