Research and Statistics
Part of Advocacy’s mission is to conduct, sponsor, and promote economic research that provides an environment for small business growth. Follow the links and information below for additional data.
- Frequently Asked Questions about Small Business Finance This document sketches the ecosystem or life-cycle of small business financing. The FAQ format allows users to browse through topics and learn about specific issues. The financial needs of small businesses, which include start-ups, ...
- Frequently Asked Questions Answers to basic and frequently asked questions about small business.
- State Economic Profiles The Office of Advocacy’s Small Business Profiles for the States and Territories supply data on small businesses in each of the 50 states and the District of Columbia. The publication also provides national-level data and limited data on ...
- Firm Size Data Statistics of U.S. Businesses, Business Dynamics Statistics, Business Employment Dynamics, and Nonemployer Statistics. To view archived data on small businesses, please visit our archive site.
- Quarterly Bulletins
- Research IssuesPart of Advocacy’s mission is to conduct, sponsor, and promote economic research that provides an environment for small business growth. This page lists Advocacy research published since 2008. To find research on a specific topic, choose a ...
Periodically, we present these one-pagers to focus on one specific small business issue. These Facts enable small business champions and others to better understand the plight of small businesses.
This publication profiles the 2013 Advocacy research reports, publications, conferences, data, and research functions.
Advocacy’s Issue Briefs provide timely and concise information on important small business economic issues. These briefs are relevant to small business researchers, policymakers and decision leaders as well as stakeholders involved ...