Dr. Winslow Sargeant is the sixth Chief Counsel for Advocacy of the U.S. Small Business Administration’s Office of Advocacy, appointed by President Obama August 19, 2010. The Office of Advocacy...
The Department of Commerce and the U.S. Small Business Administration’s Office of Advocacy will hold a webinar for small businesses
The Department of Commerce and the U.S. Small Business Administration’s Office of Advocacy will hold a webinar for small businesses on the U.S. - Canada Regulatory Cooperation Council Small Business Lens on June 13, 2013 from 3 p.m. to 4 p.m. EST. The cost is free for the first 100 registrants.
With a focus on small U.S. companies that do business with Canada, the webinar will cover:
- How the U.S. and Canadian governments are working to simplify regulations that impact small businesses through the U.S. - Canada Regulatory Cooperation Council and the Small Business Lens.
- BusinessUSA.gov, a one-stop shop on the web for everything related to business in the USA.
- Submitting comments to federal government agencies on proposed regulations that impact small businesses.
The U.S. and Canada are looking to reduce regulatory burden on small businesses by developing tools and provisions that better integrate small business considerations in the design of regulations. U.S.–Canada collaboration can increase sensitivity and responsiveness to the needs of small businesses, particularly those engaged in cross-border trade. Sign up for the webinar to learn more!
· Learn about the U.S. – Canada Regulatory Cooperation Council
· Learn about the Small Business Lens
· Register for the webinar
· Advocacy contact: Sarah Bresolin Silver at 202-205-6790