Dr. Winslow Sargeant is the sixth Chief Counsel for Advocacy of the U.S. Small Business Administration’s Office of Advocacy, appointed by President Obama August 19, 2010. The Office of...
The Small Business Advocate: October 2012
The October 2012 issue of The Small Business Advocate provides an overview of the Office of Advocacy's conference in Seattle entitled "Small Business and Government: Maximizing Entrepreneurship, Driving Innovation." The newsletter details the events of the conference, including three panel discussions.
In This Issue:
- Seattle Conference Sparks Dialog Between Innovators, Public Sector, 1
- Leadership Interview and Keynote, 2
- Recognition and Takeaways, 2
- Message from the Chief Counsel: Getting It Right—How Can the Public Sector Help the Innovation Sector Thrive?, 3
- Panel 1: Small Business Innovators: The Public/Private Relationship, 4
- Panel 2: Maximizing Entrepreneurship: Showcasing Innovation Accelerators, 5
- Panel 3: Driving Innovation: An Emerging Capital Strategies Discussion, 7
- Two States Add Flexibility for Small Businesses in Rulemaking, 9
- Advocacy Welcomes Shawn Fouladi, 9 Research Contract Awards Examine Small Business Job Creation, Finance Issues, Veteran-Owned Business, and Sales Tax, 10