January 2 UPDATE: SBA has extended the deadline for award nominations to January 31, 2013.
January 4 UPDATE: SBA has added a new National Small Business Week award, the Small Business Exporter of the Year. For detailed information about eligibility and required documents, please review the nomination guidelines for 2013.
Do you know an outstanding small business deserving of recognition? We are now accepting nominations for the 2013 National Small Business Week Awards, including the prestigious Small Business Person of the Year award.
Visit NationalSmallBusinessWeek.SBA.gov to submit your nomination now through January 3, 2013.
The SBA awards to be given in celebration of National Small Business Week will include:
- National Small Business Persons of the Year (chosen from among state award winners from each of the 50 states, the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico, the U.S. Virgin Islands, and Guam)
- Phoenix Awards (recognizing outstanding accomplishments during disaster recovery)
- Small Business Prime Contractor of the Year
- Small Business Subcontractor of the Year
- The Dwight D. Eisenhower Award for Excellence (recognizes large prime contractors who have used small businesses as suppliers and contractors)
- SBA 8(a) Graduate of the Year (for recent graduates of the SBA’s 8(a) contracting program)
- Small Business Development Center (SBDC)Excellence and Innovation Award (nominations of SBA-funded SBDC Service Centers)
- Women’s Business Center (WBCs) of Excellence Award (nominations of SBA-funded WBCs)
- Veterans Business Outreach Center Excellence in Service Award (nominations of SBA-funded Veterans Business Outreach Centers)
For detailed information about eligibility and required documents, please review the nominations guidelines for 2013.
In addition to the website, nominations can also be sent directly to SBA District Offices, which can be located online at http://www.sba.gov/about-offices-list/2.
Award winners in each of the award categories will be invited to Washington, D.C., to attend National Small Business Week events, and to compete for national titles in 2013.
National Small Business Week has recognized the outstanding achievements of America’s small businesses, since 1963, for their contributions to their local communities, and to our nation’s economy. In 2013, the 50th year celebration will honor the nation’s 27 million small businesses.