Idea Exchange: How Are You Managing Employee Benefit Costs?
by ChristineL, Former Moderator
- Created: June 3, 2010, 9:22 am
Employee benefits, whether optional or required by law, have financial implications for employers. How do you make sure you are compliant and that your employees are well compensated, while balancing your business checkbook?
Here is what our members have to say:
- Outsource Benefits Planning CarlLakeside, sosplcroman, TShirtsNY, and duket, outsourcing saves time and effort, and can help you stay up-to-date on employment laws.
- Add to Cost Calculations Water_damage suggests including employee benefit costs in business calculations. For example, employers can help defray some benefit expenses by accounting for them in your pricing model.
If you would like to read all the responses or see past idea exchanges, visit the Past Idea Exchange board.
Read these guides from Business.gov for more information on employee benefits and labor laws:
- Employee Benefit Plans: What is Law and what is Optional
An overview of the basic employee benefits that the law requires you to provide, as well as guidance on setting up a more comprehensive plan as a recruitment tool.
- Employee Benefit Laws and Regulations
This guide helps employers understand what they need to do to supply employee benefits required by law, including Worker' Compensation and Unemployment Insurance.
- Health Care Reform
Learn more from SBA.gov about how health care reform will benefit your small business and employees.
What is Next for the Idea Exchange?
The current idea exchange'What is one action all businesses should take to prepare for a natural disaster or emergency?Kudos!
Top Rated Articles
About This Blog
News and happenings in the SBA Community
- December 2013 (12)
- November 2013 (26)
- October 2013 (17)
- September 2013 (24)
- August 2013 (21)
- July 2013 (26)
- June 2013 (24)
- May 2013 (29)
- April 2013 (29)
- March 2013 (27)
- February 2013 (26)
- January 2013 (30)
- December 2012 (24)
- November 2012 (29)
- October 2012 (26)
- September 2012 (29)
- August 2012 (26)
- July 2012 (29)
- June 2012 (25)
- May 2012 (33)
- April 2012 (35)
- March 2012 (36)
- February 2012 (35)
- January 2012 (30)