New Online Resources for Retailers
by ZanetaB, Former Moderator
- Created: March 23, 2010, 3:26 pm
- Updated: February 10, 2011, 5:22 pm
A new website dedicated to retailers was recently launched by the EPA, in collaboration with several retail organizations. The Retail Industry Portal provides one-stop access to the vast amount of the EPA's compliance, sustainability and pollution prevention resources that are specifically applicable to the retail sector.
Business.gov teamed up with EPA's Retail Industry Portal program to integrate the new resources into the environment and green business sections of our site, so business owners can access information from the Retail Industry Portal on related Business.gov pages.
The portal's compliance and sustainability information helps retailers to
- buy and sell environmentally friendly products,
- create and maintain green buildings,
- reduce the environmental impact of transportation activities, and
- reduce energy consumption and greenhouse gas emissions in business operations.
Retailers can not only find the information they need to comply with environmental standards, but can also voluntarily go beyond regulatory obligations to protect the environment for future generations.
- Discussion Topic: How have you used environmentally friendly products or packaging in your business? Please reply to share your green stories.
To find more environmental business compliance and sustainability resources on Business.gov, visit:
- Guide to Environmental Regulations
- Green Business Guide
- Green Guide for New Businesses
- Energy Efficiency Guide
Top Rated Articles
About This Blog
News and happenings in the SBA Community
- July 2014 (11)
- June 2014 (17)
- May 2014 (23)
- April 2014 (28)
- March 2014 (21)
- February 2014 (16)
- January 2014 (22)
- December 2013 (15)
- November 2013 (26)
- October 2013 (17)
- September 2013 (24)
- August 2013 (21)
- July 2013 (26)
- June 2013 (24)
- May 2013 (29)
- April 2013 (29)
- March 2013 (27)
- February 2013 (26)
- January 2013 (30)