What's Everyone Talking About? Update
by NicoleD, Former Moderator
- Created: March 23, 2010, 10:07 pm
- Updated: April 15, 2011, 1:06 pm
We first posted a summary of Community Hot Topics back in early April. One month later, the Community has gained an additional 800 members and the conversation is going strong. We’ve also added a new board, Small Business Events, with notices of upcoming conferences, workshops and online chats.
Here is a quick summary of recent discussion trends across all the Community boards:
- Loans, Grants, and Taxes is still the most popular discussion board. Now that tax season has ended, many users are focused on grant opportunities.
- The Starting and Registering board is buzzing with questions surrounding business structures (legal entities), particularly the benefits and limitations of LLCs.
- We’ve also had some members express interest in a board devoted to marketing and advertising. If you’re interested in that idea, or have some ideas of your own, please submit them to the Business.gov team via the Idea Exchange.
- E-business owners are commenting on the power of the Internet to attract customers. You can read about their experiences and share your own tips on directing traffic to your website.
- Recently many people are finding themselves looking for work-at-home opportunities. Members in the Self Employed & Home-based Businesses board have offered up lots practical advice to avoid scams and secure a solid work-at-home position.
You can share your experiences by replying to these hot topics, or by creating your own thread. Keep the discussions going and we’ll post another update soon!
Top Rated Articles
About This Blog
News and happenings in the SBA Community