Export Assistance Loans and Grants Programs
by JamieD, Former Moderator
- Created: January 13, 2010, 10:10 am
- Updated: February 10, 2011, 5:55 pm
Is your company looking to expand to new markets? Have you considered selling internationally? If so, you may be eligible to receive financial assistance. Federal and state governments created export assistance financing programs available to small business to help facilitate their expansion into the global marketplace.
Export assistance financing programs are intended to help businesses expand and compete globally. Program details and qualifications vary, but typically provide multiple resources for businesses, including:
- Direct loans and loan guarantees
- Foreign market entry support
- Insurance against financial risks of selling to foreign buyers
- Financial assistance for businesses participating in international trade shows
- Consulting assistance for specific international marketing initiatives
To raise awareness of these programs, an Export Assistance section was added to Business.gov's Loans and Grants Search Tool. Now, small businesses can find financing programs to help them expand and compete in international markets just by entering some basic information.
If you own a business, or are considering starting a business and intend to export, use Business.gov's Loans and Grants tool to find local finance assistance programs.
Top Rated Articles
About This Blog
Loans, grants, taxes, and financial tips for your business.