The IRS Small Business Tax Calendar - A Handy Tax Planning Tool for All Business Owners
by Caron_Beesley, Community Moderator
- Created: October 1, 2012, 7:39 am
- Updated: October 6, 2012, 11:41 am
Need reminders about key tax filing and reporting dates? Have questions about business taxes in general? Then you might want to check out the IRS’ free Tax Calendar for Small Businesses and Self-Employed.
Navigating the tax year as a business owner is no small feat, whether you are a freelance, start-up or growing small business. The tax landscape is ever-changing with new legislation and tax provisions impacting small businesses year-round.
Updated frequently, the IRS Tax Calendar for Small Businesses and Self-Employed contains useful reminders of key business tax dates you may need to be know. In its printed form it provides an essential business tax management tool for small business owners.
The calendar is available in a variety of formats:
- Online – Simply bookmark the link and it will load information in Spanish or English for the current month. You can also skip through tabs for previous and upcoming months, as well as view last year’s key dates. A filter option allows you to sort and view tax dates. For example, employers can view the very specific requirements they must comply with, such as depositing payroll and FUTA taxes, reporting tips, and furnishing 1099 and W-2 forms.
- Desktop App – This version of the calendar can be installed directly to your desktop so you can access it while offline. Updates are installed automatically the next time you connect to the web.
- Wall Calendar – Perhaps the most colorful guide that the IRS produces, this glossy calendar offers the same key dates and reminders as the versions above, plus user-friendly tips and guides that help explain key elements of business taxes and tax law. The calendar is free, and you can preorder it here. It will be available on a first-come, first-served basis!
- Outlook Add-On – For even more ease-of-use, you can also download the calendar and incorporate it into Microsoft Outlook.
More Tools from the Tax Man
Other helpful IRS tools offered specifically for small business owners include online video tutorials on a wide variety of tax issues, a retirement plans navigator and more. This earlier blog has the scoop – 5 Essential Online Tax Tools for Small Business Owners from IRS.gov.
About the Author
Top Rated Articles
About This Blog
Loans, grants, taxes, and financial tips for your business.
- December 2013 (8)
- November 2013 (26)
- October 2013 (17)
- September 2013 (24)
- August 2013 (21)
- July 2013 (26)
- June 2013 (24)
- May 2013 (29)
- April 2013 (29)
- March 2013 (27)
- February 2013 (26)
- January 2013 (30)
- December 2012 (24)
- November 2012 (29)
- October 2012 (26)
- September 2012 (29)
- August 2012 (26)
- July 2012 (29)
- June 2012 (25)
- May 2012 (33)
- April 2012 (35)
- March 2012 (36)
- February 2012 (35)
- January 2012 (30)