Social Media, Exporting and Other Free Educational Sessions – Streamed Live from National Small Business Week
by Caron_Beesley, Community Moderator
- Created: May 17, 2012, 8:43 am
- Updated: May 17, 2012, 11:12 am
Next week is National Small Business Week and for the 49th year, entrepreneurs, SBA and other members of the small business community will gather in Washington, D.C., for the highlight of the week – the National Small Business Week Conference.
Aside from the awards and numerous networking opportunities presented by the event (running from May 20-22 at the Mandarin Oriental Hotel), the conference also includes a schedule of educational seminars and forums offering a variety of learning opportunities across many topics for business owners. If you are in the Metro D.C. area, there’s still time to sign up. Many sessions are free. Check out the registration page and look for sessions marked $0.
Can’t make it to D.C.? Educational sessions will be streamed live.
Many of the sessions from the event will be streamed live. Here are a few you don’t want to miss:
- How Small Businesses Can Win Big With Large Companies (Sun, May 20, 3-5 PM) – Got a great product, but no idea how to get it noticed by a large company? Ever wondered how to get your merchandise on the shelves of a major retailer? This panel offers solutions from all sides of the equation that add up to achievement.
- Small Businesses Creating an Economy Built to Last (Mon, May 21, 10-11.15 AM) – SBA Administrator Karen Mills will host this town hall that features last year's National Small Business of the Year winner along with other panelists to discuss how small businesses are good for the long-term health of any economy.
- Export Forum: Take Your Business Global (Mon, May 21, 11.30 AM-12.45 PM) – Includes strategies and resources for taking your small business global (a growing market, U.S. exports grew 15 percent in 2011). This forum's special guest is Nihat Ergun, Turkish Minister of Science, Industry and Technology.
- Federal Contracting Educational Sessions (Tues, May 22, 10 AM-12.45 PM) – Three free sessions offering insights into how small business can better position themselves to win federal government business (over $100 billion of which goes to small business each year!).
- Improving Your Business Through Sub-Contracting Opportunities (Tues, May 22, 11.30 AM-12:45 PM) – Learn how to take advantage of prime and sub-contracting opportunities with insights from panelists who will share their insights on mastering the challenges of getting into the supply chains of large primes.
- Social Media (Tues, May 22, 3-4.30 PM) – This panel includes insights on ever-changing advancements in social media and how small business can take advantage of them. Speakers include experts: SBA guest blogger and GrowBiz Media CEO Rieva Lesonsky, Wall Street Journal’s Brian Moran, and business leaders from Yelp.com, Constant Contact, Twitter and Google. Special guest Sarah Bernard, Deptuy Director for the White House Office of Digital Strategy, will also join the forum.
About the Author
Top Rated Articles
About This Blog
General small business tips and tricks.
- July 2014 (13)
- June 2014 (17)
- May 2014 (23)
- April 2014 (28)
- March 2014 (21)
- February 2014 (16)
- January 2014 (22)
- December 2013 (15)
- November 2013 (26)
- October 2013 (17)
- September 2013 (24)
- August 2013 (21)
- July 2013 (26)
- June 2013 (24)
- May 2013 (29)
- April 2013 (29)
- March 2013 (27)
- February 2013 (26)
- January 2013 (30)