Starting a Business? Learn How to Easily Create Your Business Plan
by anbazemo, Community Moderator
- Created: September 6, 2013, 4:07 pm
- Updated: September 11, 2013, 8:21 am
Are you thinking about starting a business? One of the first things you will need is a business plan.
Business plans are essential in helping entrepreneurs prepare, manage and direct their businesses, however, creating a plan can be intimidating and time consuming. It’s also hard to even know where to start.
As a part of SBA’s mission to help small businesses grow and succeed, the agency has created a Business Plan Tool which helps simplify the process. The tool consists of eight steps which include:
1. Cover page [Company name, address, phone and logo]
2. Executive Summary [An introduction to your business]
3. Company Description [High-level review of your business]
4. Market Research [Description of your target audience]
5. Product/Service Line [Description of your product or service]
6. Marketing and Sales [Your marketing and sales strategies]
7. Financial Projections [How your business will meet financial obligations. The plan includes four spreadsheets which allow you to easily plug in your numbers.]
8. Finish up [Once you have completed steps one-seven, you can print your plan in either a Word or PDF document.]
To get started, create an account or log into SBA.gov. Once logged in, you can easily move through the step by step process of inputting your information into the sectioned templates. You also can move at your own pace through each section, save your work, and email the plan.
After you completed your business plan, let us know what you think about the tool. Your feedback is valuable to us.
About the AuthorAlexisB is a moderator for the SBA Community. We appreciate your participation and feedback on how we can continually improve the community to meet your small business needs.
Top Rated Articles
About This Blog
General small business tips and tricks.
- December 2013 (4)
- November 2013 (26)
- October 2013 (17)
- September 2013 (24)
- August 2013 (21)
- July 2013 (26)
- June 2013 (24)
- May 2013 (29)
- April 2013 (29)
- March 2013 (27)
- February 2013 (26)
- January 2013 (30)
- December 2012 (24)
- November 2012 (29)
- October 2012 (26)
- September 2012 (29)
- August 2012 (26)
- July 2012 (29)
- June 2012 (25)
- May 2012 (33)
- April 2012 (35)
- March 2012 (36)
- February 2012 (35)
- January 2012 (30)