The IRS Small Business Tax Calendar - A Handy Tax Planning Tool for All Business Owners
by Caron_Beesley, Community Moderator
- Created: October 1, 2012, 7:39 am
- Updated: January 27, 2014, 6:07 pm
Need reminders about key tax filing and reporting dates? Have questions about business taxes in general? Then you might want to check out the IRS’ free Tax Calendar for Businesses and Self-Employed.
Navigating the tax year as a business owner is no small feat, whether you are a freelance, start-up or growing small business. The tax landscape is ever-changing with new legislation and tax provisions impacting small businesses year-round.
Updated frequently, the IRSTax Calendar for Businesses and Self-Employed contains useful reminders of key business tax dates you may need to be know.
The calendar is available in a variety of formats:
- Online – Simply bookmark the link and it will load information in Spanish or English for the current month. You can also skip through tabs for previous and upcoming months, as well as view last year’s key dates. A filter option allows you to sort and view tax dates and event types. For example, employers can view the very specific requirements they must comply with, such as depositing payroll and FUTA taxes, reporting tips, and furnishing 1099 and W-2 forms. You can also filter by monthly depositor or semi-weekly depositor. You can even set up an icon on your smartphone for easy, mobile access wherever you are.
- Desktop App – This version of the calendar, also known as the IRS CalendarConnector, can be installed directly to your desktop so you can access it while offline. Updates are installed automatically the next time you connect to the web.
- Subscribe to or Dowload – For even more ease-of-use, you can also subscribe to or download the calendar and incorporate it into Microsoft Outlook, Mac Calendar, on your iPhone or iPad, or any other .ics calendar format.
More Tools from the Tax Man
Other helpful IRS tools offered specifically for small business owners include online video tutorials on a wide variety of tax issues, a retirement plans navigator and more. This earlier blog has the scoop – 5 Essential Online Tax Tools for Small Business Owners from IRS.gov.
About the Author
Top Rated Articles
About This Blog
Loans, grants, taxes, and financial tips for your business.
- July 2014 (12)
- June 2014 (17)
- May 2014 (23)
- April 2014 (28)
- March 2014 (21)
- February 2014 (16)
- January 2014 (22)
- December 2013 (15)
- November 2013 (26)
- October 2013 (17)
- September 2013 (24)
- August 2013 (21)
- July 2013 (26)
- June 2013 (24)
- May 2013 (29)
- April 2013 (29)
- March 2013 (27)
- February 2013 (26)
- January 2013 (30)