Finding Customers around the World: Announcing SBA’s Export Video Contest
by danielc, Former Moderator
- Created: July 27, 2011, 3:51 pm
- Updated: March 3, 2014, 11:15 am
UPDATED 9/1/2011 DEADLINE EXTENDED
SBA is teaming up with Visa to ask small business owners: “Where will your next customer come from?”
To recognize successful small exporters and increase awareness toward federal assistance for exporters, we’re sponsoring the SBA Export Video Contest. The contest, presented in partnership with the National Export Initiative and Business.usa.gov/export, will award monetary prizes to five successful small business exporters representing a variety of industries.
American small businesses looking to expand are going global. There are a number of advantages to exporting: reaching new customers, increasing sales and profits, and becoming less dependent on domestic demand, to name several. In fact, over two-thirds of the world’s purchasing power is based outside the U.S., where the vast majority of consumers reside. The U.S. government stands ready to help your small business get started in exporting, with an array of programs, tools and resources.
We want to hear your exporting story in a short, original video submitted to YouTube. U.S. small businesses that have completed a successful exporting transaction are eligible.* To enter, submit your video here.
Winners will receive cash prizes, an expenses-paid trip to be honored at the National District Export Council Conference in Las Vegas, Nevada from November 2-5, 2011, and $1,000 towards a Commerce Department Gold Key service, or various other trade-related events.
How to Enter:
1) Create one original video 3 minutes or less in high-definition format. Contest participants must end their video with the following words: "That's my exporting story. Where will your next customer come from?", along with a referral to business.usa.gov/export for assistance. This referral can be spoken, written, embedded or delivered in any appropriate way deemed effective by the submitter.
2) All videos must have a unique title or they will not be judged. i.e., not "My Export Story."
3) Upload your video to your own YouTube account. In the description, indicate one of the following 5 categories for your video: manufacturing; consumer products; professional services; technology; agribusiness.
4) While viewing the SBA Exporting Contest Video, click the comment box and then click on "Create a Video Response" and enter the URL of your video entry.
Videos may be uploaded starting Aug. 1, 2011. Entries must be received by
Sept. 3 DEADLINE EXTENDED: Sept. 30
*See full contest rules and regulations at http://www.sba.gov/exportvideocontest .
Additional resources for exporting:
Co-sponsorship Authorization #11-7080-11SBA
SBA’s participation in this cosponsored activity is not an endorsement of the views, opinions, products or services of any cosponsor or other person or entity. All SBA programs and service are extended to the public on a non-discriminatory basis.
Top Rated Articles
About This Blog
The Official Blog of the U.S. Small Business Administration with news and views from top SBA officials