Need Exporting Assistance? Small Business Development Centers Can Help
by Stephen Sullivan, SBA Official
- Created: March 29, 2013, 1:25 pm
- Updated: April 1, 2013, 4:21 pm
Have you considered the potential for selling your products or services outside the U.S.? Your local Small Business Development Center (SBDC), an SBA resource partner, can help you get started.
The many international trade services offered by individual SBDCs vary, but most often include:
- Product/Service Readiness: Determine if your products or services are suitable for export, and what product adaptations may be required.
- Export Readiness: Learn if your company meets the key export readiness factors or, what you need to do to become ready.
- Market Research: Review possible trade barriers, political and economic risks and competitors, in order to identify and rank the best foreign market opportunities.
- Documentation/Compliance: Learn how to comply with export regulations, product classification, in-country governmental requirements and the effective use of freight forwarders.
- Trade Finance: Learn how the trade finance programs of the SBA, the Export-Import Bank of the U.S. and the Overseas Private Investment Corporation may help you.
- Partner Identification: Get connected to potential sales with U.S. Commercial Service services such as Gold Key or International Partner Search. SBDCs can also advise you of individual state trade assistance programs and incentives.
- Specialized Areas: Some SBDCs offer assistance in specialized areas such as product certification (i.e. CE Mark, CCC, etc.).
If you think you have a product or service with foreign trade potential, or are already exporting and want to grow those sales, contact your local SBDC for assistance.
Top Rated Articles
About This Blog
The Official Blog of the U.S. Small Business Administration with news and views from top SBA officials
- December 2013 (4)
- November 2013 (26)
- October 2013 (17)
- September 2013 (24)
- August 2013 (21)
- July 2013 (26)
- June 2013 (24)
- May 2013 (29)
- April 2013 (29)
- March 2013 (27)
- February 2013 (26)
- January 2013 (30)
- December 2012 (24)
- November 2012 (29)
- October 2012 (26)
- September 2012 (29)
- August 2012 (26)
- July 2012 (29)
- June 2012 (25)
- May 2012 (33)
- April 2012 (35)
- March 2012 (36)
- February 2012 (35)
- January 2012 (30)