The Urban Economic Forum- Connecting Entrepreneurs & Business Owners to Valuable Resources
by Marie Johns, Former SBA Deputy Administrator
- Created: March 27, 2012, 12:50 pm
- Updated: April 3, 2012, 3:48 pm
Last week, the White House Business Council and SBA hosted an Urban Economic Forum in Los Angeles, CA to help connect entrepreneurs and business owners to local and national resources they need to start, grow and create jobs. The Urban Economic Forum is a multi-city series designed to help urban small business owners create an economy built to last. This week, we are taking the Urban Economic Forum to Las Vegas, NV.
We’ll be live streaming the Urban Economic Forum at White House Live on Thursday, March 29 from the Las Vegas Convention Center. You can follow and join the conversation on Twitter, use the hashtag #UrbanEconForum. The forum kicks off at 8:45 AM PDT with Executive Director of the White House Business Council Ari Matusiak and Managing Principal of Energy Works Rose McKinney James.
Other speakers and panelists for this forum include:
- Marie Johns, Deputy Administrator, U.S. Small Business Administration
- Cecilia Muñoz, Assistant to the President and Director, Domestic Policy Council
- Tony Miller, Deputy Secretary, U.S. Department of Education
- Carolyn Goodman, Mayor, Las Vegas
- Brian Greenspun, Editor, Las Vegas Sun
- Steven Hill, Commissioner, NV Commission on Economic Development
- Somer Hollingsworth, President, Nevada Development Authority
- Tony Hsieh, CEO, Zappos
- Jim Murren, CEO, MGM Resorts International
- Jim Rogers, President, Intermountain West Communications
- Jeffrey Zurofsky, Partner, 'wichcraft
The next Urban Economic Forum is scheduled for April 12 in Phoenix, AZ. Stay tuned for more information.
About the Author
Marie Johns is a former Deputy Administrator of the U.S. Small Business Administration.
Top Rated Articles
About This Blog
The Official Blog of the U.S. Small Business Administration with news and views from top SBA officials