Urban Economic Forum- Helping Small Businesses Start, Grow and Create Jobs
by Marie Johns, Former SBA Deputy Administrator
- Created: March 20, 2012, 12:47 pm
- Updated: March 20, 2012, 12:47 pm
Earlier this month, over 300 participants joined the White House Business Council and SBA for the Urban Economic Forum in Birmingham, AL which connected entrepreneurs and business owners to local and national resources they need to start, grow and create jobs. The Urban Economic Forum is a multi-city series designed to help urban small business owners create an economy built to last. On Thursday, March 22, we’re taking the Urban Economic Forum to Los Angeles, CA.
The Urban Economic Forum will be live streamed at White House Live from Loyola Marymount University. You can follow and join the conversation on Twitter, use the hashtag #UrbanEconForum. The forum kicks off at 8:30 AM PST with Los Angeles Mayor Antonio Villaraigosa and President of Loyola Marymount University David Burcham.
Other speakers and panelists for this forum include:
- Marie Johns, Deputy Administrator, U.S. Small Business Administration
- Hon. Hilda Solis, Secretary, U.S. Department of Labor
- Earvin “Magic” Johnson, Jr., Chairman & CEO, Magic Johnson Enterprises
- Todd Park, Assistant to the President and Chief Technology Officer, White House
- James Shelton, Assistant Deputy Secretary, U.S. Department of Education
- Ari Matusiak, Executive Director, White House Business Council, White House
- Cindy Bates, Vice President Small and Medium Businesses, Microsoft
- Gina Taylor, Vice President of Strategy and Business Transformation, American Express OPEN
The next Urban Economic Forum is scheduled for March 29 in Las Vegas, NV. Stayed tuned for more information.
About the Author
Marie Johns is a former Deputy Administrator of the U.S. Small Business Administration.
Top Rated Articles
About This Blog
The Official Blog of the U.S. Small Business Administration with news and views from top SBA officials