Free GSA/EPA workshops to Reduce Carbon Footprint
by OSBU, Window Shopper
- Created: January 22, 2011, 7:32 pm
Free GSA/EPA Workshops to Reduce Small Business Contractors' Carbon Footprint
Co-sponsored by U.S. Environmental Protection Agency
GSA and EPA offer small businesses assistance in completing greenhouse gas emissions inventories.
Do you want to help your small business;go gree- and learn about ways to measure your energy consumption and costs? Do you want to hear about the latest trends in government contracting in this area?
Sustainability is more important than ever to the Federal Government. In response to Executive Order 13514, Federal Leadership in Environmental, Energy and Economic Performance, signed October 5, 2009, federal agencies have committed to collectively reduce greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions by 2020, and to green their supply chain. Small business contractors like you can help us gather information about you-the governmen's supplier'GHG emissions.
GSA is conducting a pilot to assist 60 small business government contractors in completing GHG emissions inventories through the Environmental Protection Agenc's Climate Leaders program. For more information about EPA Climate Leaders, see www.epa.gov/stateply/.
-Attend a free workshop to learn about GS's pilot and EP's Climate Leaders
-Spaces are limited so sign up now to take advantage of this new opportunity
- Wednesday, September 8, 2010, 9-11am EDT
- Monday, September 27, 2010, 9-11am EDT
GSA, Federal Acquisition Service
2200 Crystal Drive, Room L1301, Arlington, VA 22202
Workshops will feature experts from GSA, EPA, and small businesses that have
successfully completed GHG inventories through Climate Leaders.
Who should participate:
Small businesses who
- Currently have a contract with GSA or another federal agency
- Have control over their energy efficiency, which means they have their own fleet of vehicles/trucks, warehouses, and/or own office space (rather than lease)
- Can see changes in their energy usage over time in their heating/cooling and electricity bills and/or fuel consumption
- RSVP today to email@example.com. Be sure to indicate the desired number of attendees and the session you would like to attend.
- Workshops will be streamed via GotoWebinars.com for persons unable to attend. RSVP for details and to receive a webinar identification number.
Other pilot partner agencies: Department of the Interior, National Aeronautics and Space Administration, National Institutes of Health
This post was edited to remove a commercial link. Read our discussion policies for more Community best practices.
- Community Home
- Discussion Boards
- Tell Us...
- Discuss Popular Topics
- Developer Resources
- Social Media