How to register an online retail store?
by alisapt, Window Shopper
- Created: November 26, 2009, 11:35 pm
Hello, a newbie here.
I want to open an online retail store (to sell textile that will probably be imported from Europe). I read a lot of articles but none of them clearly answers my questions. I am nervous to dive into LLC business right away and want to start with sole proprietorship. The questions are as follows:
1) What do I register first - name or business?
2) As a sole proprietor, can I get a resale certificate, and do wholesalers deal with sole proprietors?
3) At what time do I need to get EIN? I don't plan to employ anybody, do I still need to get it in order to get a business bank account and get wholesale prices?
4) Are there step-by-step instructions for starting this type of business? I don't really know what to start with.
5) Is 'business license' different from 'business name registration' or 'DBA certificate' and do I need to get both of them?
Thanks a lot!
- Community Home
- Discussion Boards
- Tell Us...
- Discuss Popular Topics
- Developer Resources
- Social Media