Minor (Under 18) Would Like to Start Business
by jbedon, Window Shopper
- Created: December 26, 2010, 8:53 pm
I had been browsing around the Business.gov website looking for information about laws, regulation, etc. regarding minors starting their own businesses. All searches and posts told me to read a blog entry, 'Young Entrepreneurs', but the entry has not been loading properly.
Therefore, I would like to ask for help via the community instead. I am a minor who plans to start a small--but legitimate--marketing agency, the business to be solely owned under my name. Here are a few concerns I would like to have cleared up before executing my plans:
- What licenses do I need, if any?
- Do I need to pay taxes (bearing the fact that I'm a minor)?
- What licenses would I need if I were to hire freelancers for only a certain project?
- What are crucial things that I might have overlooked? (Please exclude loans and financing.)
Thank you, and I appreciate your help.
- Community Home
- Discussion Boards
- Tell Us...
- Discuss Popular Topics
- Developer Resources
- Social Media