Picking a domain name.. thoughts?
by shoutdomains, Window Shopper
- Created: May 6, 2010, 8:14 am
Here are some ideas about picking a domain name for a small business.
There are many domain name suggestions tools to help you do this. Some of the rules:
- Make sure your domain is easy to remember (This means find something catchy)
- Be as short as possible.
- Use keywords, but not too many.
- Use something that is legal--no cybersquatting.
- Make sure it corresponds with your business and your brand.
Be very careful about choosing your domain. Create a list of all your options and slowly narrow them down with pros and cons. Once you've decided on a domain, buy it!
This post was edited to remove a commercial link. Read our discussion policies for more Community best practices.
- Community Home
- Discussion Boards
- Tell Us...
- Discuss Popular Topics
- Developer Resources
- Social Media