SBA seeks Oklahoma entrepreneurs, champions for Small Business Awards
Nominations due Nov. 10
OKLAHOMA CITY – The U.S. Small Business Administration Oklahoma District Office is seeking successful and inspiring entrepreneurs and champions of small businesses to represent the state in 2012 Regional and National small business awards competition. Nominations are due November 10, 2011.
“Now is the time to spotlight the creative and resilient entrepreneurs in the great state of Oklahoma who are willing to overcome obstacles and endure economic ups and downs to succeed and create jobs,” said Dottie Overal, Oklahoma district director.
“If you know of a deserving entrepreneur or champion, please contact Darla Booker, 405-609-8012 or email Darla.firstname.lastname@example.org for any questions,” said Overal. “Any individual or organization may submit nominations. A company, owner, or business advocate can also self-nominate.”
Nominations will be accepted in the following categories:
1. Small Business Person of the Year
2. Small Business Exporter of the Year
3. SBA Young Entrepreneur of the Year
4. Jeffrey Butland Family-Owned Business of the Year
5. Entrepreneurial Success Award
6. Financial Services Champion of the Year
7. Home-Based Business Champion of the Year
8. Minority Small Business Champion of the Year
9. Veteran Small Business Champion of the Year
10. Women in Business Champion of the Year