From changing a light bulb and using recyclable products to installing energy efficient equipment and systems, every business can make simple changes that save energy costs and natural resources.
The following resources will help you Green Your Business!
Become Energy Efficient
The Small Business Guide to Energy Efficiency includes tips, advice, and resources to help you save on energy costs: from energy saving tips to information on grants, loans and incentives available for making energy efficient upgrades to your facilities.
Adopt Environmentally Sound Business Practices
- Develop an Environmental Management System to enable your organization to reduce its environmental impacts and increase its operating efficiency. Examine this case study for additional guidance.
- Comply with Environmental Regulations
- Conserve water
- Explore Green Commuting Options
- Reduce your business’s Greenhouse Gas Emissions
- Learn about the impacts Climate Change may have on your business
Improve Your Waste Management System
- Learn how to Reduce, Reuse and Recycle within your business
- Follow the Environmental Protection Agency’s Guide for Industrial Waste Management
- Identify whether your business produces Hazardous Waste
- Recycle Used Electronics
- Implement Sustainable Materials Management within your business
- Check your municipal and state waste management websites for more information
- Consider servicizing your business
In addition, the following Small Business Guides include special highlights to help you green your business:
- Starting a Green Business - Start an Eco-Friendly Business
- Advertising and Marketing - How to Make Environmental Claims
- Financing Your Business - Environmental Grants and Loans
- Licenses and Permits - Do You Need an Environmental Permit?
- Home Based Businesses - Greening Your Home Office
- Self-Employment - Run an Eco-Friendly Business