SBA.gov » Starting & Managing a Business » Managing a Business » Running a Business » Energy Efficiency » Calculate Energy Savings » Indirect Energy Saving Benefits
Indirect Energy Saving Benefits
Saving More Than You Know
When you invest in energy efficiency, the benefits go far beyond saving energy and money, and protecting the environment by helping prevent pollution and greenhouse gas emissions.
- Enhanced Employee Productivity: Enhanced comfort and improved lighting conditions may contribute to improvements in staff productivity.
- Reduced Operations and Maintenance Costs: Many energy-efficient technologies significantly decrease your operations and maintenance requirements, saving not only money but also staff time.
- Increased Customer Comfort: Building upgrades will improve your facility's appearance, present your products or services in a comfortable, well-lit environment, and help your customers enjoy their visit. This can increase sales and encourage repeat business.
- Increased Asset Value: Efficient business properties have higher market values than those with higher operating costs.
- Enhanced Public Image: Your contribution to environmental protection very positively differentiates your business from your competitors.