Local Small Business Week Winners Announced
Release Date: March 25, 2013 Contact: Rachel Howard, (410) 962-6195, ext. 330
Release Number: MD13-05 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
SBA Announces Local Small Business Week Award Winners
BALTIMORE—The winners of the 2013 Maryland Small Business Week Awards Program were announced today by Stephen D. Umberger, District Director of the U.S. Small Business Administration’s (SBA) Baltimore District Office. Winners will be honored at the 29th Annual Maryland Small Business Week Awards Luncheon to be held Friday, April 19th at Martin’s West in Woodlawn, Md.
This year’s winners are:
- Jeffrey Butland Family Owned Small Business of the Year: Charles & Paula Fry, Rocky Point Farm/Rocky Point Creamery, Tuscarora, Md.
- Women in Business Champion of the Year: Vicki Franz, I-95 Business, Cockeysville, Md.
- Minority Small Business Champion of the Year: Kimberly Scott, The Great Gourmet, Federalsburg, Md.
- Financial Services Champion of the Year: Mary Ellen Marsalek, Woodsboro Bank, Frederick, Md.
- Entrepreneurial Success of the Year: Tracy Balazs, Federal Staffing Resources, Annapolis, Md.
- District Director’s Unsung Hero Award: Jorge Austrich, Maryland Department of General Services, Baltimore, Md.
- Young Entrepreneur of the Year: Kevin Hill, Jr., Hill-Kimmel Contracting, Cambridge, Md.
- Attorney Advocate of the Year: Eric McLauchlin, Esq., Shaffer, McLauchlin & Stover, LLC, Bel Air, Md.
- The 2012 Maryland Minority Enterprise Development (MED) Week Winner, Melvin Petty of ERP International, LLC in Gambrills, Md. will also be honored.
Each year the President of the United States declares national small business week in celebration of the contributions of the small business community to the nation’s economy. The SBA holds an annual awards competition to recognize outstanding small business owners. The multi-tiered program seeks nominations from every SBA District Office in the country. Nominees compete within their own Districts and then finally compete at the National level. The Small Business Person of the Year from each state will be announced in mid-April. National Small Business Week activities will be held June 17-21, 2013 at various locations across the country.
For more information on the 2013 Maryland Small Business Week Award Winners or the SBA, contact Rachel Howard by telephone at (410) 962-6195, Ext. 330 or by email at email@example.com. For information on the 2013 Maryland Small Business Week Awards Luncheon or for tickets, visit the event website at www.mdsbwawards.org.