Nominations Open for 2014 South Carolina Small Business Awards
The SBA South Carolina District Office is now accepting nominations for the 2014 South Carolina Small Business & Advocacy Awards. Awards include:
- Small Business Person of the Year
- Small Business Exporter of the Year
- New: SOHO Award (15 or fewer employees)
- Family Business of the Year
- Young Entrepreneur of the Year (under 30 years-old)
- New: Veteran Entrepreneur of the Year
- Minority Entrepreneurship Advocate of the Year
- Women in Business Advocate of the Year
- New: Small Business Financing Advocate of the Year
- New: Small Business Ally of the Year (for non-profit organizations)
The deadline to submit a nomination is Friday, January 17 for the Small Business Person of the Year and Small Business Exporter of the Year and Friday, January 31 for the other South Carolina Small Business & Advocacy Awards. Submission instructions, eligibility information and evaluation criteria are available at www.sba.gov/content/2013-south-carolina-small-business-advocacy-awards, as well as in the 2014 SBA nomination guidelines included as a PDF file below. Information about additional SBA award categories--such as federal procurement and disaster recovery awards--are also available in the 2014 guidelines below.
Finalists for the 2014 Small Business Person of the Year award will be notified around March 2014. Winners of all awards, including the Small Business Person of the Year award, will be notified around April 2014. South Carolina award winners will be honored in Columbia later that spring during the Salute to Small Business--the state's annual Small Business Week event. In addition, the winner of the Small Business Person of the Year award will represent South Carolina at the SBA's 2014 National Small Business Week celebration in Washington, D.C.
For more information, contact Anna Huntley at email@example.com.