Obtain Your Federal Business Tax ID
An Employer Identification Number (EIN) is also known as a Federal Tax Identification Number, and is used to identify a business entity. Generally, businesses need an EIN. You may apply for an EIN in various ways, and now you may apply online. You must check with your state to determine if you need a state number or charter.
- Do You Need an EIN?
- Do You Need a New EIN?
- How to Apply for an EIN
- How Long Will it Take to Get a Number?
- Lost or Misplaced Your EIN?
- How EINs are Assigned and Valid EIN Prefixes
- Canceling an EIN – Closing Your Account
- Who is a Responsible Party?