Problem with the PDF?
Common symptoms when you can't view a PDF on the web are:
- A blank page in the web browser
- An error message stating: "To view the full contents of this document, you need a later version of the PDF viewer. You can upgrade to the latest version of Adobe Reader from ..."
Where to begin?
It can be hard to troubleshoot PDF display problems. The suggestion below represents the most common solution.
Determine if your PDF viewer can open the PDF from your local hard drive rather than from the web. For this test, you need to have the PDF saved on your computer.
- Right-click the link for the PDF, choose "Save Link As..."
- From the window that opens, select a location on your hard drive to save the file to and select "Save"
- Locate the PDF on your computer, select it, and open it with a PDF viewer application like Adobe Reader or Preview for Mac.
This workaround should allow you to view PDFs that will not open in your browser.