Federal Laws and Guidelines
- The E-Government Act of 2002, Sec. 208 on Privacy Provisions (see Appendix B http://www.whitehouse.gov/omb/memoranda/m03-22.html).
- The Privacy Act (5 U.S.C. 552a)
- Office of Management and Budget (OMB) Circular A-130: Management of Federal Information Resources, Appendix I on Maintaining Records About Individuals http://www.whitehouse.gov/omb/circulars/a130/a130trans4.html.
- Office of Personnel Management Privacy Act Regulations on Personnel Records 4 CFR 297) http://www.opm.gov/feddata/cfr297.txt.
- The SBA Freedom of Information Act website http://www.sba.gov/foia/
- List of Department of Justice Privacy Act and FOIA references http://www.usdoj.gov/04foia/04_7.html
U.S. Small Business Administration Guidelines and Information
- Small Business Administration (SBA) regulations for implementing the Privacy Act can be found at 13 CFR 102 Part B
- SBA Privacy Program website http://www.sba.gov/privacy.html
- List of SBA Privacy Act system of records notices
Web Site Privacy Requirements
- Complying with the Children’s On-Line Privacy Protection Act (when websites are directed to children 13 years and under). Federal Trade Commission guidelines http://www.ftc.gov/bcp/conline/pubs/buspubs/coppa.htm
- OMB guidelines on The E-Government Act of 2002, Sec. 208 on Privacy Provisions http://www.whitehouse.gov/omb/memoranda/m03-22.html.
- Internet Caucus Advisory Committee Briefing book on E-Government issues http://www.sba.gov/leaving-sba-dot-gov?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.netcaucus.org/books/egov2001/
Other Laws and Guidelines that Support the Privacy Act
- The Freedom of Information Act (5 U.S.C. 552) www.usdoj.gov/04foia/foiastat.htm
- The Paperwork Reduction Act of 1995 (As amended by the Clinger-Cohen Act) (44 U.S.C. 3501) http://www.whitehouse.gov/omb/inforeg/infocoll.html
- The Federal Information Security Management Act http://cs-www.ncsl.nist.gov/policies/FISMA-final.pdf