Research Grants for Small Businesses
If your small business is engaged in scientific research and development (R&D), you may qualify for federal grants under the Small Business Innovation Research (SBIR) and the Small Business Technology Transfer (STTR) programs.
SBIR and STTR programs encourage small businesses to undertake R&D projects that:
- Meet federal R&D objectives
- Have high potential for commercialization
Explore SBIR.gov or the resources below to learn more about specific SBIR and STTR programs throughout the federal government.
- U.S. Department of Agriculture
- U.S. Department of Health and Human Services
- U.S Department of Transportation
- U.S. Department of Defense
- Environmental Protection Agency (EPA)
- U.S. Department of Education
- National Science Foundation (NSF)
- U.S. Department of Energy
- National Institute of Standards and Technology
- National Aeronautics and Space Administration