SBA to Participate in Small Business Symposiums - Hosted by Congressman Rahall
Are you a small business in Southern West Virginia looking for resources to help you succeed? Do you want to learn more on how the Affordable Healthcare Act will affects you as a small business owner? Have you thought about marketing but just don’t know how to do it on a tight budget? If so, join the West Virginia District Office of the U.S. Small Business Administration (SBA) as we participate in three, half-day Small Business Symposiums hosted by Congressman Rahall in Huntington, Beckley, and Bluefield.
Locations and dates for the events include:
Huntington - Tuesday, April 30, 2013 from 2:00 - 5:00 p.m.
Marshall University - Memorial Student Center
Fifth Ave., Huntington, WV
Beckley - Wednesday, May 1, 2013 from 8:30 - 11:30 a.m.
110 Crescent Ave., Beckley, WV
Bluefield - Wednesday, May 1, 2013 from 2:00 - 5:00 p.m.
Bluefield State College, Dickason Hall – Tierney Conference Center (4th Floor)
219 Rock St., Bluefield, WV
The SBA will provide workshops on topics relevant to small businesses in Southern WV.
- The Affordable Healthcare Act: SBA Regional Administrator, Natalia Olson, will discuss how the Affordable Healthcare Act will impact small businesses.
- High Adventure Opportunities: Learn more on how Boy Scout Camp will affect your small business.
- Financing a Small Business: SBA representatives, local bankers, and others subject matter experts will discuss financing options available for small business to either get started or expand.
- Resources for Small Businesses: There are resources out there to help small businesses, this workshop will tell you who they are and how they can help.
- Marketing Your Business on a Shoestring: Social media is a good – and free – way to market your business. This workshop will give you the ins and outs of kicking off your social campaign.
- Exporting and Making Global Local: Exporting may sound scary, but this workshop will help simplify how to take your product global.
“Our mission at the SBA is to provide small businesses with the resources they need to start, grow, and succeed in business,” said Judy McCauley, director of SBA’s West Virginia District Office. “This is a great opportunity for small businesses in Southern West Virginia to absorb a lot of information in just a couple of hours.”
The Small Business Symposium is hosted by Congressman Rahall. In addition to the SBA, participating organizations include the United States Department of Agriculture and U.S. Export Assistance center.
There is no charge to attend the Small Business Symposiums however registration is required. Visit www.wvscore.org today to secure your spot.