Aspiring and Existing Veteran Business Owners
2013 Summer Speaker Series via Webinar
Los Angeles SBA District Office hosts 2nd Annual Summer Speaker Series featuring private sector, government, higher education & non-profit business resources
LOS ANGELES – Aspiring and existing veteran business owners around Southern California are invited to participate in an upcoming Summer Speaker Series via webinar. This webinar series is also open to all veteran and military technical assistant providers who would like to learn about various veteran business resources.
The Summer Speaker Series will feature a variety of topics presented by: industry experts, government small business advisors, higher education program directors and non-profit executives who will speak on their subject matter expertise – all of them focusing on aspiring and existing veteran business owners.
SBA has partnered with:
|WHAT:||“Veteran Business Webinar - 2013 Summer Speaker Series"|
|WHO:||WEEKLY GUEST SPEAKER|
|WHEN:||Wednesday, June 5, 2013 -- 10:00 a.m. to 11:00 a.m. PST|
|HOW:||Connect to weekly webinars at: https://connect16.uc.att.com/sba/meet/?ExEventID=84148387|
|NOTE:||Webinars are online and via telephone and allow two-way communication between presenter and attendee. You will be asked to input your name and email address then AT&T Teleconference program will request a phone number to call you.|
- Invited: Larry Broughton, former Special Forces, Speaker, Author, Entrepreneur (June 5: Kick off)
- Tina Kapral, Institute of Veterans and Military Families at Syracuse University/UCLA Anderson School of Business (June 12: Veteran Business Education)
- Vic Scimo, FranNet of Southern California (June 19: Veteran Franchising)
- Noah Harris, Veteran Business Outreach Center (June 26: Veteran Business Technical Assistance)
- Invited: Lily Kim, Kinecta Federal Credit Union (July 10: Access to Capital)
- David Poulin, Department of Labor (July 17: Veteran Employment and Training for Small Business Owners)
- Debbie Cabriera-Johnson, Procurement Technical Assistance Center (July 24: Government Contracting Technical Assistance)
- Invited: Edwin Cotto, Department of Veteran Affairs (July 31: Government Contracting with VA)
- Pam Smith-Cressal, General Services Administration (August 7: GSA Scheduling and Veteran Contracting Opportunities)
- Invited: Heather Endresen, Union Bank (August 14: Access to Capital)
- TBD, Vertical Response (August 21: Social Media)
- TBD, (August 28: Motivation Speaker and Closing Session)
- These organizations will offer veteran business strategies and information pertaining to their specific areas of industry, government, academia and non-profit services to aspiring and existing veteran business owners.