- Leading Your Company
- Growing Your Business
- Export Success Story Videos
- US Export Assistance Centers
- Export Loans
- Export Business Planner
- STEP Grants
- Explore Exporting
- Contact SBA Exporting Staff
- Running a Business
- Managing Business Finances & Accounting
- Human Resources
- Using Technology
- Emergency Preparedness
- Green Business Guide
- Energy Efficiency
- Become Energy Efficient
- Energy Saving Tips
- Calculate Energy Savings
- Sustainable Business Practices
- Energy Efficient Upgrades
- For Specific Businesses
- Energy Efficiency for Auto Dealers
- Energy Efficiency for Construction Contractors
- Energy Efficiency for Grocery and Convenience Stores
- Energy Efficiency for Home Based Businesses
- Energy Efficiency for Lodging
- Energy Efficiency for Small and Medium-Sized Manufacturers
- Energy Management Basics for Small and Medium Sized Manufacturers
- Energy Efficiency for Restaurants
- Energy Efficiency for Retail Stores
- Doing Business Abroad
- Size Standards
- Business Law & Regulations
- Getting Out
- Business Guides by Industry
- Aerospace & Defense
- Consumer Goods & Services
- Electric Power Industry
- Energy Industry
- Financial Services
- Firearms & Explosives
- Food & Beverage
- Health Care
- Housing & Real Estate
- Mining & Drilling
- Nuclear Power Industry
- Oil and Gas Industry
- Pharmaceuticals & Biotechnology
- Printing & Publishing
- Telecommunications & Media
- Transportation & Logistics
- Health Care
Export Success Story Videos
My U.S. Export Story—Finding Customers Around the World
Ninety-six percent of the world’s consumers live outside of the United States and represent two-thirds of the world’s purchasing power. U.S. companies that export enjoy business success with increased sales and profit potential. Exporting also helps businesses weather downturns in the domestic economy by being prepared to respond to foreign competition and global market trends.
SBA and Visa co-sponsored an export video contest to find the best small business success stories. Below is a list of the winners from 2013.
(See our 2011 contest winners, as well.)
1st Place: Bassetts Ice Cream of Philadelphia, with "Scooping Up International Sales"
2nd Place: Rekluse of Boise, ID, with "Exporting Success"
3rd Place: Premier Choice Inc, DBA Perfect Bite of San Jose, California with "'Fruits' of Our Labor"
4th Place: MMIC of Johnsbury, Vermont with "MMIC What We Do"
5th Place: CID Bio-Science of Camas, Washington with "The World and Beyond"
Where Will Your Next Customer Come From?
Small businesses looking to grow should look beyond the U.S. borders to find new customers. Learn about government resources to help you begin or expand exporting.