- What We Do
- SBA Team
- SBA Locations
- SBA Newsroom
- SBA Performance
- Strategic Planning
- Performance & Budget
- Congressional Budget Justification/Annual Performance Reports
- Agency Financial Reports
- Performance and Financial Reports
- Loan Program Performance Reports
- Other Performance Information
- Open Government
- Information Quality
- Digital SBA
- About the SBA.gov Website
- General FOIA Information
- Online FOIA Request
- SBA Guide to Public Information
- Information Generally Exempt From Disclosure and Information Generally Releasable
- Public Liaisons and FOIA Staff
- Privacy Act
- Privacy Act Request Guide
- SBA FOIA Quarterly Reports
- SBA FOIA Annual Reports
- Frequently Requested Records
- President Obama's FOIA Memorandum and FOIA Text
- FOIA Resources
- Chief FOIA Officer Reports
- EO Plan
- Other Plans & Reports
- Plain Language Page
- 2013 Federal Employee Survey Results
- FY 13 Conferences & Events Above $100K Report
- FY 12 Conferences & Events Above $100K Report
- FY 13 Advanced Acquisition Strategies
- The Small Business Agenda
- Information Technology Strategic Plan
- Data Consolidation Plan
- Draft Environmental Justice Strategic Plan
- SBA Customer Service Plan
- SBA Vendor Communication Plan
- SBA Open Government Plan
- SBA Open Government Plan 2012-2014
- SBA Plan for Operating in the Event of a Lapse in Appropriations
- Retrospective Review of Regulations
- SBA Data Store
- Policy & Regulations
- Standard Operating Procedures
- Laws & Regulations
- Public Notices
- Eliminating Fraud, Waste & Abuse
- Enforcement Actions of Note
- Contracting Search: Suspensions and Debarments
- Lending Search: Suspensions and Debarments
- Narratives: Suspensions and Debarments
- Oversight & Advocacy
- SBA Initiatives
- SBA Emerging Leaders Initiative
- Clusters Initiative
- 7(j) Management and Technical Assistance Services Program
- Small Business Teaming Pilot Program
- Small Business Jobs Act of 2010
- Startup America
- Council on Underserved Communities (CUC)
- Intermediary Lending Pilot
- Dealer Floor Plan Financing Program
- Greening SBA
- Small Business Saturday 2013
- SBA and Yelp Present: Success With Online Reviews
SBA Honors Nation’s Best Small Business Contractors
National Prime Contractor & Subcontractor of the Year to be Named During National Small Business Week
WASHINGTON – More than twenty small business contractors, federal acquisition executives and business and industry leaders from around the country will come to Washington, D.C., in mid May 2011 to accept awards for excellence in the federal contracting arena.
Two small businesses from among regional prime contractors and subcontractors of the year will receive the National Prime and Subcontractor of the Year awards honoring small businesses that have provided outstanding goods and services as contractors.
They are among the nation’s top entrepreneurs who will be honored at the U.S. Small Business Administration’s National Small Business Week events May 18-20 in Washington, D.C. Under the theme, “Empowering Entrepreneurs,” a series of events and educational forums will mark the 58th anniversary of the agency and the 48th annual National Small Business Week.
The procurement award small business winners provide a broad range of products and services to the federal government and private industry including environmental remediation services, the construction of transmission lines, aviation management and staffing services, and they hail from 18 states from Massachusetts to Alaska.
The three-day event in Washington, D.C., will take place at the Mandarin Oriental Hotel. Events can be viewed virtually through SBA’s free, live webcasting, which will be accessible at http://www.nationalsmallbusinessweek.com/. Business owners, business organizations, other individuals and the news media can register online at www.nationalsmallbusinessweek.com where additional information is available.
Other procurement awards that will be given out during the 2011 National Small Business Week award events include:
- The Dwight D. Eisenhower Award for Excellence, recognizing large prime contractors who have excelled in their utilization of small businesses as suppliers and subcontractors.
- The Gold Star Award, recognizing exemplary performance of federal staff who manage the aggressive goals and strategic initiatives that help ensure a role for small business in the federal marketplace.
- The Frances Perkins Vanguard Award, honoring government and industry for excellence in the use of women-owned small businesses as prime contractors and subcontractors.
Below is the list of the regional prime contractors and subcontractors of the year:
Region I Prime Contractor of the Year
Ms. Shirley Young, President
Global Advanced Technology, Inc.
Region II Prime Contractor of the Year
Ms. Suzanne Musolf, President
Benchmark Construction Services, Inc.
Region III Prime Contractor of the Year
Mr. Dennis James Yee, President
Abacus Technology Corporation
Chevy Chase, MD
Region IV Prime Contractor of the Year
Ms. Meredith Anderson, Managing Member
Can’t Be Beat Fence & Construction, LLC
Region VI Prime Contractor of the Year
Ms. Cheryl Cohenour, President
Cherokee CRC, LLC
Region VII Prime Contractor of the Year
Mr. Kent Schien, CEO
St. Louis, MO
Region VIII Prime Contractor of the Year
Ms. Cindy L. Phillips, Treasurer
Region IX Prime Contractor of the Year
Ms. Cynthia A. Liu, President and CEO
Engineering/Remediation Resources Group
Region X Prime Contractor of the Year
Mr. Lewie D. Silva, Owner
Region I Subcontractor of the Year
Mr. Thomas Dolan Jr., President
Region II Subcontractor of the Year
Ms. Joell I. Runge, President
InTomes Technical Services, Inc.
Region III Subcontractor of the Year
Mr. Michael O’ Kane, President and CEO
Region IV Subcontractor of the Year
Mr. Pat Khamken, CEO
Khamken Industries, Inc.
Region V Subcontractor of the Year
Mr. Robert E. Collins, President
Collins Consulting, Inc.
Region VI Subcontractor of the Year
Mr. Douglas F. Carlberg, President and CEO
M2 Global Technology, Ltd.
San Antonio, TX
Region VII Subcontractor of the Year
Mr. Brent Williams, Vice President of Operations
US Tool Group
Region VIII Subcontractor of the Year
Mr. Steve Trutna, President
Faith Enterprises, Inc.
Colorado Springs, CO
Region IX Subcontractor of the Year
Mr. Lee Lewis, Member-Manager
Lewis Electric, LLC
Region X Subcontractor of the Year
Mr. Michael Rauch, President and CEO
Angeles Composite Technologies, Inc.
Port Angeles, WA
Editor’s note: A complete list of all award winners will be available on the National Small Business Week Web site at http://www.nationalsmallbusinessweek.com
# # #
Small Business Week 2011 sponsors and cosponsors include: Association of Small Business Development Companies, AT&T, AVAYA, CareerBuilder, Dun & Bradstreet, Google, International Franchise Association, Intuit, Lockheed Martin, Microsoft, National Association of Development Companies, National Association of Government Guaranteed Lenders, National Association of Small Business Investment Companies, National Association for the Self-Employed, National Small Business Association, Nomadic Display, Northrop Grumman, Office Depot, Raytheon, Sam's Club, SCORE, The Neat Company, Verio, Visa, and Women Impacting Public Policy.
The U.S. Small Business Administration’s participation in this cosponsored activity does not constitute an express or implied endorsement of any cosponsor’s, donor’s, grantee’s, contractor’s or participant’s opinions, products, or services. All SBA programs and cosponsored programs are extended to the public on a nondiscriminatory basis. Reasonable arrangements for persons with disabilities will be made, if requested at least 2 weeks in advance, by contacting email@example.com. Cosponsorship Authorization #SBW2011.