You are here
About the Wisconsin District Office
About the Wisconsin District Office
About Wisconsin District Office
District Director is Eric Ness (414) 297-1471 or (608) 441-5268
Deputy District Director is Frank Demarest, Jr. (414) 297-1099 or (608) 441-5204
Public Information Officer is Shirah Apple (414) 297-1096
The Wisconsin District Office is responsible for the delivery of SBA's many programs and services to the 72 counties of Wisconsin. Our offices are located in both Madison and Milwaukee.
The Wisconsin office assists several hundred businesses each year by providing financial assistance through the 7(a) and 504 loan programs. The Wisconsin SBA assisted 1,674 businesses in obtaining over $542 million in Loans, 534 loans went to start-up businesses for $169,488,900. In addition, we assisted with 122 Micro Loans in the amount of $2,447,619 for fiscal year 2014 that ended September 30, 2014.
Over the years, the SBA has developed many small business loan and assistance programs, special outreach efforts and initiatives to aid and inform small businesses. The following describes briefly all the services and information available through this office:
- Financial assistance for new or existing businesses through guaranteed loans made by area banks and non-bank lenders.
- Free counseling, advice, mentoring, and classes are available through our local SCORE offices: Counselors to America's Small Business. Robin Dittberner is our SCORE representative; you may reach her at 608-441-5521.
- Consulting services through the network of Small Business Development Centers. SBDC’s also conduct training events throughout the district - some require a nominal registration fee. Tammie Clendenning is our SBDC Rep, contact Tammie Clendenning at (414) 297-4089, Tammie is also our Hmong Representative.
- Counseling through our Women Business Centers across the state. Women Business Ownership Representatives are available to advise women business owners, call Mary Trimmier at (414) 297-1093. In addition, Mary is also our African American Representative.
- Special loan programs are available for businesses involved in international trade/export. Contact Mike Fazio at (414) 297-1097. In addition, Mike is also our Native American Representative.
- Veterans, you can get business counseling and information about SBA guaranteed loans. In Wisconsin, contact Frank Demarest at (414) 297-1099. Frank can direct you to resource partners that best suit your business needs. SBA can also help veterans start or expand a business. In addition, Frank also is our Latino Rep.
- Government Contracting - Cheryl Jordan, Business Development Specialist at (414) 297-3951. Cartina Austin – Program Support for Business Development – (414) 297-1096
- District Counsel is Brad Trimble at (414) 297-4090.
- Lender Relationship Specialists are: Mike Fazio (414) 297-1097 and Ellie Berg (414) 297-1488.
- Disaster Coordinator, please contact Patricia Pettey at (608) 441-5204.
- 912 questions or issues, please contact Betsy Jorgensen at (608) 441-5263.
- Gloria Hloucal – District Support Assistant – (414) 297-1091
- All Media - Contact Shirah Apple, PIO at 414-297-1096
If you would like staff from Wisconsin SBA to speak at your events or schools, please contact: Madison office at (608) 441-5261; or Milwaukee Office at (414) 297-1091. Please try to give us at least a 2 week notice.
To schedule meeting with District Director Eric Ness, please contact Shirah Apple (414) 297-1096.
To request a Wisconsin SBA Resource Guide be mailed to you, or for general questions, please email us at Wisconsin@sba.gov.