Office of Capital Access | Resources
Yes. Title 13 of the Code of Federal Regulations §120.536 lists the following servicing actions that require SBA’s prior written consent:
- Increases to the principal amount of a loan above that authorized by SBA at loan origination.
- Any action that confers a Preference on the Lender or CDC or engages in an activity that creates a conflict of interest.
- Compromises on the principal balance of a loan.
- Taking title to any property in the name of SBA.
- Taking title to environmentally contaminated property, or taking over operation and control of a business that handles hazardous substances or hazardous wastes.
- Transfers, sells or pledges of more than 90% of a loan.
- Any action for which prior written consent is required by a Loan Program Requirement.