2009 National Small Business Week - May 18 - 19
by JenniferD, Community Moderator
- Created: January 22, 2011, 7:28 pm
- Updated: October 9, 2012, 7:24 am
You're invited to participate in a dynamic learning experience featuring noted experts in finance, green business technology and social networking. Join us at the U.S. SBA's 2009 National Small Business Week and take part in issue forums to help you learn how to meet challenges and achieve success.
Monday, May 18
Financial Forum: Smart Ways to Access Capital
11:00 AM - 12:15 PM
Learn what the Recovery and Reinvestment Act means to you and how to access capital.
- Andrew J. Sherman, Esq., author and founder of Grow Fast/Grow Right;
- Dileep Rao, Ph.D., entrepreneurial finance columnist for Forbes.com
- Raghav Lal, head of Global Small Business, Visa
Innovation Forum: Using Energy and Technology Solutions
to Compete in the Global Environment
3:30 - 4:45 PM
Panel will offer unique ways for small businesses to be environmentally friendly and add green to their bottom line.
- Nancy Gioia, Director, Sustainable Mobility Technologies and Hybrid Vehicle Programs, Ford
- Andrew Kruse, President of Southwest Wind Power and 2009 SBA Exporter of the Year
Tuesday, May 19th
Social Media Forum:
Extending Small Business Reach Through Social Media Tools
11:00 AM - 12:15 PM
Learn why social media should be a big part of your daily schedule in 2009 to help tell the world your story.
- John Jantsch, creator of the Duct Tape Marketing small business marketing system
- Rieva Lesonsky, CEO of Grow Biz Media
- Alex Craddock, head of Commercial Marketing Visa
- Brian Moran, founder and President of Moran MEdia Group
Location: Mandarin Oriental Hotel and Conference Center
1330 Maryland Ave., S.W., Washington DC 20024, 202-554-8588
Valet Parking: $25/day
Metro: 3 blocks from Smithsonian Metro Station (blue and orange lines) and L'Enfant Metro Station (blue, orange, yellow and green lines)
Cost: Each issue forum is $5.00
For more information and to register for the issue forums, go to www.nationalsmallbusinessweek.com
Comments have been locked for this thread.
- Community Home
- Discussion Boards
- Tell Us...
- Discuss Popular Topics
- Developer Resources
- Social Media