Any WEDDING / EVENT PLANNERS in here?? Please help!
by eventsnmore, Window Shopper
- Created: August 9, 2010, 11:37 am
Good afternoon everyone!
My name is Emy and I've been in the process on trying to kick start my wedding/event planning business in Central Florida for almost a year now. I currently work as a Personal Injury Paralegal on a 9-5 / M-F basis. However, I have been very much interested on switching gears and aiming for a more 'vibrant' type of career which is why I decided to seek my own business as a wedding/event planner. I have been trying to obtain information on how to start the business obviously from scratch. But where do I begin?
- How do I find clients?
- How do you know how much to charge? (especially if you're a rookie)
- How do you know what type of 'legal' documents are required?
- How can I even begin while trying to maintain my 'bread n butter' ?
- Should I meet with vendors unexpectedly?
- WOULD vendors meet with me and be interested even though I lack experience?
These are just a few of my questions. I hope there is someone that can help me with some sort of direction within this industry and guide me as to how/where to start. I've already registered my 'fictitious name' with the state.
I would LOVE to work from home, but again, I need to maintain my paying job until I can go at this completely on my own.
Any advice would be extremely appreciated!!!!
- Community Home
- Discussion Boards
- Tell Us...
- Discuss Popular Topics
- Developer Resources
- Social Media