Easy Hosting Sites and Registering my Name?
by jennqt143, Window Shopper
- Created: January 22, 2011, 7:50 pm
I am trying to find out some additional information in regards to a business I am wanting to get started. I am looking to start a stationary business more or less. Announcements, Shower Invites, Save The Dates, Etc....
I already have the name selected that I would like. I am aware in Orlando, FL you have to have a business license and I will be going to purchase it this week.
I recently signed up with a site after doing a lot of research looking for the best site to set up my online business with. I have found this site to be very confusing (that's odd as well considering I know a lot about computers, internet, etc...). I can not for the life of me figure it out and I guess something that is easier setup, easier navigation and easier use is what I'm looking for.
So here are the questions:
1. Am I required to have my business license in order to claim expenses on my taxes under the business?
2. Do I have to register the name as a fictitious (spelling) name, or can I still have a business with that name but unregistered?
3. Is there anything with the IRS that I must do other then keeping track of sales and expenses?
4. Can someone suggest a hosting site that may be easier to navigate, and have perks like the website WIX.com (It's a flash site, and is pretty nice, don't know if I want that price though).
5. Can anyone suggest anything that perhaps I haven't though of or a nice piece of advice that may be helpful when starting off.
Thank you so much in advance, so sorry it is long! Have a great day!
This post was edited to remove a commercial link. Read more about discussion best practices on Business.gov.
Comments have been locked for this thread.
- Community Home
- Discussion Boards
- Tell Us...
- Discuss Popular Topics
- Developer Resources
- Social Media